Hi Matt, that is what happens with the share IP in the original zones.

You can get better IP isolation, including being able to set routes within a non-global zone with IP Instances in recent Nevada builds, and this is targeted for Solaris 10 7/07.

check out http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/crossbow/ for details.

The zonecfg operation will be:

zonecfg:test1> set ip-type=exclusive
zonecfg:test1> add net
zonecfg:test1:net> set physical=bge3
zonecfg:test1:net> end
zonecfg:test1>

Note, you will be able to set the IP address in teh zone as well, or be a DHCP client.

Steffen