Need urgent Information :
As discussed , Could you please help to get a quick answer for this Query from Cu ?
1) Initially cu asked :
How do I restrict a non-global zone(or project within zone) to a set number of processes?
2) I replied :
This Link provides you the required information , but point to note here
is that you can limit the threads not the processes.
3) *Now Cu comes back with the below query : *
My requirement is the ability to restrict the total number of processes per zone(as per *details *in your link).
*When will the above be implemented in Solaris 10 ?
Extract from link...
Additional Resource Controls that may be added in the
* Limiting the quantity of physical memory that may be locked by a zone.
* *Limiting the number of processes (including zombies) that a zone
* Limiting the absolute quantity of cpu a zone may consume. For
instance, A zone may be limited to consuming half of a cpu.
System V Resource Controls.
* Limits various system V objects such as shared memory, message
queues, and semaphores
zones-discuss mailing list