On Thu 10 May 2007 at 10:28PM, Mike Gerdts wrote:
> Providing open access to this information across Sun's product line
> and opening up the computation methods to allow others to "benchmark"
> other systems would be very helpful.  Perhaps in the future ISV's
> would say more meaningful things like "1 - 8 threads with at least 17
> ZPUs and 6 GB RAM."

Ok.  I wasn't aware that anyone at Sun had actually done such a
metric, especially as across the product line(s), systems have fairly
wildly varying capabilities (for example, a T2000 has massive memory
bandwidth but proportionally low floating point).

Maybe privately you can send me a pointer and we can go talk to the
relevant folks.

        -dp