Raed,

As Rayson pointed out, you'll find he information on my blog. There are many WebSphere products and the "scenarios" slide deck explain about a few products like WebSphere App Server (WAS), IBM HTTP Server, and MQ.

IBM's official statement for WAS support is here: http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21242532. And, "how to" guide is here: http://www.sun.com/software/whitepapers/solaris10/websphere6_sol10.pdf, which explains a WAS deployment scenario to install a single copy in the global zone where non-global zones share this installation and create "profiles" (e.g. instances) for different app deployments.

You'll need WAS v6.0.2 (JDK 1.4.2_xx) as the minimum version for Solaris 10 Containers (SPARC and x86). FYI, You'll get better performance/scalability/etc. with WAS v6.1.x (latest Fix Pack is now with JDK 1.5.0_11).

There are many Sun/IBM joint customers who are using WebSphere on Solaris 10 and Containers.
Albert

Rayson Ho wrote:
Just the first few hits from googling for: Websphere solaris
containers filetype:pdf

"Solaris Containers For WebSphere Application Server":
http://blogs.sun.com/sunabl/resource/WebSphere_SolarisContainerScenarios.pdf

"An optimal platform for deploying IBM WebSphere Middleware"
http://www.sun.com/third-party/global/websphere/WebSphere-Sol-10-SS-4.pdf

Rayson