Thanks Jerry. I double-checked this again and I think it definitely is a bug.

Zoram

Jerry Jelinek wrote:
Zoram Thanga wrote:
Hi,

On an S10u4_07/SPARC machine.

So I want to export a disk slice to my zone. I did thus

zonecfg:paris> add device
zonecfg:paris> set match=/dev/*dsk/c1t1d0s6
zonecfg:paris> end

I was hoping that this would create /dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s6 and /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s6 in the zone 'paris'. So I login to the zone, and

# zonename
paris
# ls /dev/ | grep dsk
*dsk
dsk
rdsk
#

Notice that a "*dsk" directory was created (WTF? :)

# cd *dsk
# ls -l
crw-r-----   1 root     sys       32,  6 Jun  7 05:13 c1t1d0s6

So my disk slice went under /dev/*dsk/ in the zone!

Meanwhile, the /dev/dsk and /dev/rdsk directories are empty:

# cd /dev/rdsk
# ls -l
total 0
#
# cd /dev/dsk
# ls -l
# total 0
#

Is this expected behavior or what? ( I also succeeded in exporting device match=/dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s* as /dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s* in the zone :)

I just verified this works fine on nv b65.  When I get a chance I'll double
check S10u4.  It sounds like it is a bug there.

Jerry

--
Zoram Thanga::Sun Cluster Development::http://blogs.sun.com/zoram