-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: [zones-discuss] create command  question
From: F.V.(Phil)Porcella <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: zones-discuss@opensolaris.org
Date: Mon Jun 11 2007 19:17:21 GMT+0200 (MEST)

***Hi,
***I was hoping to get an answer a question about create vs create -b.
***In a previous post I was told to 'drop the "create -b" because it
***creates a 'whole root' zone.  So, okay here is what happens when I do.
***The following is my session:

zonecfg -z CIS2
zonecfg:CIS2> create
zonecfg:CIS2> set autoboot=true
zonecfg:CIS2> set zonepath=/zones/CIS2
zonecfg:CIS2> add inherit-pkg-dir
zonecfg:CIS2:inherit-pkg-dir> set dir=/opt
zonecfg:CIS2:inherit-pkg-dir> end
zonecfg:CIS2> add net
zonecfg:CIS2:net> set address=156.12.1.129
zonecfg:CIS2:net> set physical=eri0
zonecfg:CIS2:net> end
zonecfg:CIS2> verify
zonecfg:CIS2> export -f /export/home/porc1276/CIS2-zone.cfg
zonecfg:CIS2>
*** If I look at the text file I just exported, the first line is create -b
***Does this mean I am creating a 'whole root' zone?

no, "create -b" just tells you that you start with a blank configuration
and then you can see that /lib, /platform, /usr and /sbin are inherited
in order to create a "sparse root" zone.

-- Renaud

bash-3.00# more CIS2-zone.cfg
create -b
set zonepath=/zones/CIS2
set autoboot=true
add inherit-pkg-dir
set dir=/lib
end
add inherit-pkg-dir
set dir=/platform
end
add inherit-pkg-dir
set dir=/sbin
end
add inherit-pkg-dir
set dir=/usr
end
add inherit-pkg-dir
set dir=/opt
end
add net
set address=156.12.1.129
set physical=eri0
end
bash-3.00#

***Thanks,
***F.V.(Phil) Porcella
***PS  This is a bit confusing and I would appreciate any help you can offer.