Hi Martin, looking at your question again...

Martin Man wrote:
Steffen Weiberle wrote:

Hi Martin,

Martin Man wrote:

Hi all,

I'd like to use shared interface in my zone and configure it using dhcp
when I invoke zoneadm -z <myzone> boot.

This is not possible without IP Instances. To do this with a single interface
you will also need VNICs. IP Instances are Solaris Nevada already.
VNICs won't arrive until later this year.

http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/crossbow/faq/

OK, great FAQ, but they assume the interface is exclusively accessed from a zone, my question was about the virtual interface, e.g., bge0 that is shared among multiple zones as bge0:1, bge0:2, etc..? The qeustion remains unanswered? How will crossbow and IP instances help me here? BTW I'm playing with Nevada latest build.

What are the requirements?

Do non-global zones need to get their address via DHCP?
Do non-global zones need to share a single interface?
Does the global zone need to control or limit routing and other network setups?
Anything else?

Thanks
Steffen