[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> A question for those who would like this - what other sorts of DHCP
> information would one want to use in this case?  The DNS domain name?
> Time server information?

Well, if I understand this correctly, zoneadmd does plumb and will
eventually do dhcp config of the VNIC.

Zone itself has no way to control the VNIC so I don't know how
additional information obtained via DHCP can be passed to the zone
without going straight to its filesystem and playing there with
/etc/resolv.conf and similar files. It would IMHO be nasty and
non-portable (think of non-sparse zone running Nexenta or branded zone
running some flavor of Linux, which is precisely what I'm doing now).

To recap, address, netmask and gateway should be enough for now...

> dsc

HTH,
Martin

--