De : Michael Barto [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Envoyé : vendredi 27 juillet 2007 17:11
À : Hans Spaans
Cc : Sabri Ali; zones-discuss@opensolaris.org
Objet : Re: [zones-discuss] zonename

I used "/usr/sbin/zoneadm list -vi". If the global zone is listed with the
others, you are on the global zone. If you used it on a local zone you will
only see that zone.

# /usr/sbin/zoneadm list -vi
ID NAME             STATUS         PATH
0 global           running        /
2 rlogic           running        /zones/rlogic
3 utility          running        /zones/utility

Local Only:

# /usr/sbin/zoneadm list -vi
  ID NAME             STATUS         PATH
   2 lqweb            running        /
-bash-3.00#

Some other ideas to look at zone status, I have posted at :

http://www.logiqwest.com/dataCenter/Demos/RunBooks/Zones/zoneStatus.html which
are free to browse.

Hans Spaans wrote:

                Hello!
                if  i'm in a zone localy how do i know the zone global, with
which command
                ??
                Think's

        I'm not aware of a command, but I have seen two possible solutions. The
        first one is using sneep since then you can see the hardware serial
number
        of the machine you're running on. This requires that your eeprom has
been
        set up correctly and you need to keep record of the zones.

        The other requires some modification with zonecfg and you need to mount
        /etc/nodename from the global zones with lofs (read-only) to
/etc/chassis
        in the non-global zone. This one should also work when you detach and
        attach zones and move them to another box.

        Some people prefer to go with extra records in DNS, but that solution
        seems to be doomed since it requires extra maintenance to keep your DNS
up
        to date. That part always gets forgotten when time passes.

        Hans

________________________________

Michael Barto
Software Architect