De : Michael Barto [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Envoyé : vendredi 27 juillet 2007 17:11
À : Hans Spaans
Cc : Sabri Ali; zones-discuss@opensolaris.org
Objet : Re: [zones-discuss] zonename

I used "/usr/sbin/zoneadm list -vi". If the global zone is listed with the others, you are on the global zone. If you used it on a local zone you will only see that zone.

# /usr/sbin/zoneadm list -vi
ID NAME             STATUS         PATH
0 global           running        /
2 rlogic           running        /zones/rlogic
3 utility          running        /zones/utility

Local Only:

# /usr/sbin/zoneadm list -vi
  ID NAME             STATUS         PATH
   2 lqweb            running        /
-bash-3.00#

Some other ideas to look at zone status, I have posted at :

http://www.logiqwest.com/dataCenter/Demos/RunBooks/Zones/zoneStatus.html which are free to browse.

Hans Spaans wrote:
Hello!
if  i'm in a zone localy how do i know the zone global, with which command
??
Think's

I'm not aware of a command, but I have seen two possible solutions. The
first one is using sneep since then you can see the hardware serial number
of the machine you're running on. This requires that your eeprom has been
set up correctly and you need to keep record of the zones.

The other requires some modification with zonecfg and you need to mount
/etc/nodename from the global zones with lofs (read-only) to /etc/chassis
in the non-global zone. This one should also work when you detach and
attach zones and move them to another box.

Some people prefer to go with extra records in DNS, but that solution
seems to be doomed since it requires extra maintenance to keep your DNS up
to date. That part always gets forgotten when time passes.

Hans

Michael Barto
Software Architect

LogiQwest Circle
LogiQwest Inc.
16458 Bolsa Chica Street, # 15
Huntington Beach, CA  92649
http://www.logiqwest.com/

    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel:  714 377 3705
Fax: 714 840 3937
Cell: 714 883 1949

'tis a gift to be simple
This e-mail may contain LogiQwest proprietary information and should be treated as confidential.