IMHO, if opensolaris can be supported guest OS in vmware
then vmware  has something to do with opensolaris.
some obvious advantage
1)U can create opensolaris  image very easily and distribute it one the
web for user to try it out, U can also build appliance with some
application into the image
2)It can be a playgroud to attract more developer, most developer use
vmware, or like environmnet to install multiple OS to do test of the
application
3)product demonstration will be easier,  follow SE can have demo
environment to show case most if not all solaris/JES
/comm/java_caps/developer/studio/storage.
Untill (open)Solaris/xen  can support such environment,  today vmware is
the leader, SE need to understand the technology to talk about virt anyway
my 2c

--
Hung-Sheng Tsao, Ph.D. (LaoTsao)       Sr. System Engineer
US, State Local & Education East        Data Center Ambassador