Hi Subbu,

Subramanian Chockalingam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> By default, Solaris sets MTU as 1500 and which can be changed through
> ifconfig. In case of local zones, IP address is added on top of the physical
> interface. I can change the mtu size manually after the local zone gets
> booted. How to set the fixed-MTU changes permanently for the local zones??? I
> do not see any options in zonecfg or dladm.

There is no way to do this with zonecfg or zoneadm. For shared IP
Instance zones, this would be determined by the ifconfig addif
when a zone is booted, and there is no way to pass such info
to ifconfig [at this time]. Maybe you can script a change via
ifconfig after the zone boots.

If the zone has an exclusive IP Instance, the configuration
control now lies within the zone, and you could make the
necessary changes to the zone's /etc/hostname.xyzN file. Keep in
mind you need a separate link
for each zone that has an exclusive IP Instance, and it only
works on devices that are GLDv3 [1].

Steffen

[1]
http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/crossbow/faq/#ipinst_which_nic