Two ways a pkg can be installed in the global zone only.

a)      SUNW_PKG_ALLZONES=false
        SUNW_PKG_THISZONE=true

b)      SUNW_PKG_ALLZONES=false
        SUNW_PKG_THISZONE=false
        # pkgadd was run with -G

Trolling though the installed pkginfo files will give you (a), but
not (b).  What you're probably looking for is
/var/sadm/install/gz-only-packages.  That's a private interface though.

-ethan