Enda O'Connor ( Sun Micro Systems Ireland) wrote:
> Ihsan Zaghmouth wrote:
>> Hi Jeff,
>>
>> Here is my 2 cents, after assuming that pkginfo should hold such an
>> information post installation.
>> The */var/sadm/pkg/<pkgname>/pkginfo* file lists among other info the
>> *SUNW_PKG_ALLZONES*=true | false for the installed package.
>> pkginfo should have an option to display that, I tried them all ... in
>> vain !
>>
>> if you write a small script, you can display the
>> /var/sadm/pkg/<pkgname>/pkginfo, you should be able to distinguish:
>> :
>> cat /var/sadm/pkg/<pkgname>/pkginfo* | *grep SUNW_PKG_ALLZONES, and if:
>>
>>    1. SUNW_PKG_ALLZONES=true  ... Then installed on all Zones
>>    2. SUNW_PKG_ALLZONES=false ... *Only Global -G*
just to be clear so there's no confusion:

If a package has
SUNW_PKG_ALLZONES=false
basically it means that the package does not have to be "identical"
across all the zones, but the default behaviour of pkgadd is to add the
package  to all available zones ( both global and local ) unless -G was
specified or SUNW_PKG_THISZONE is true in installing pkginfo, even with
ALLZONES=false.

So  packages with SUNW_PKG_ALLZONES=false, will actually get installed
in all the zones by default by calling pkgadd.

The variable that corresponds to -G is SUNW_PKG_THISZONE
see man -s4 pkginfo for a description of the 3 pkginfo variables that
affect zones

cheers
Enda