Mike Gerdts wrote:
> On 9/6/07, Enda O'Connor ( Sun Micro Systems Ireland)
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> One other thing, make sure to run
>> patchadd -a <patchid-revision>
>> first, -a basically does a dryrun, boots any halted zones etc and does
>> dependency checks.
>
> Hmmm, I've been looking for dryrun support.  A quick look at the man
> page shows why I haven't found it yet.  Is the fact that the -a option
> is not documented a bug or an indication that it is a private feature?
>  I just need to know what to put in the bug report.
it's actually private, but is so useful in terms on zones patching, that
I just tell all people too run it.
Might log an RFE to get it converted to public as it's hard to get by in
a zones system without dryrun really.

>> if there are any issues with a zone not being bootable the output should
>> clearly indicate this ( examine the output carefully! ), and must be
>
> Is any work being done on improving the output of patchadd?  As it is
> today, the output is extremely tedious to read and worse to try to
> parse for automated checks.  I've been silently gnawing on my tongue
> waiting for pdo.c to become available to see what can be done to
> improve it, but the wait is getting to be quite long.
hmm, I agree, it should be improved, I logged quite a few bugs against
pdo messaging, but overall this really should be improved.

I can log another one and provide some suggested ideas
any suggestions ( as I do not work in dev I cannot gaurantee what will
or wil not get fixed by the way )

Enda