On 21/09/2007, Mike Gerdts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I would really like to ask Sun for a roadmap as to when this is going
> to be supported.

The best way around this I can think of is to have a 'template' zone
for cloning on UFS that you use to build your other (ZFS-backed) zones.
Then delegate a dataset into each zone to hold the important stuff.

Come upgrade time, you drop all the 'child' zones, patch the template
and use it to re-provision the other zones. Then drop the dataset back in.

Course, it'll take a while to clone the template since it's UFS-backed...