Mike Gerdts wrote:
> On 9/26/07, Peter Tribble <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> It's a big problem.
>> Bigger than giving completely incorrect output?

Note that /bin/ps -ely still gives you columns that don't line up if the
process sizes are large enough.  So there's precedent here.  So I have
to agree with Peter about which is the lesser evil here, overall.

> How about a variant of:
> ps -o zone,user,pid,args -u fred

Indeed my copy of the man page says to use "ps -o" if you want longer
zone names.

Note that at least for /usr/ucb/ps, you get *both* columns that merge
together as well as offset columns as well, if the numbers get bigger
still, i.e. the worst of all possible worlds.