On 9/27/07, Hugh McIntyre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Mike Gerdts wrote:
> > How about a variant of:
> >
> > ps -o zone,user,pid,args -u fred

Well, yes, but having to do so is just daft. The user shouldn't
have to explicitly specify a format just to stop the default
command giving garbage out put, nor should it be necessary
to think about whether this might be a problem and switch
to a different ps invocation if there are zones with more than 8
character in their name.

> Indeed my copy of the man page says to use "ps -o" if you want longer
> zone names.

Which was the result of one of the bug reports I mentioned
initially. If you're going to have to do that, why have the -Z
flag at all?

--
-Peter Tribble