Jim,

Jim Mauro wrote:
> Does Zone migration factor in resource allocations?
> If I have zoneA on sysA, and have configured
> zone.cpu-shares, or some other resource control,
> does the migration process, and/or the dry-run feature
> check for availability of configured resources, or is this
> simply required due-diligence on the part of the administrator?

No, this is not automatically handled.  The admin has to
make any adjustments needed.

> Do the resource bindings migrate, or do they need to be
> redone after the migration has completed on the target system?

I am not sure what you mean by "bindings".  The RM settings in
zonecfg will migrate if you create the zone on the new host
using the "create -a" option in zonecfg.

> Are there plans to broaden the constraints on migration in terms
> of the source and destination machines matching "uname -m",
> so I can migrate SPARC-to-SPARC (e.g. sun4u to sun4v) ?

This is

6576592 RFE: zoneadm detach/attach should work between sun4u and
         sun4v architecture

I have prototyped a solution but I have not yet had a chance to
finish the work.

Let me know if you have more questions,
Jerry