I have a Sun T2000 running Solaris 10u2, all UFS file systems that has
been in place for several months.  This morning during a reboot, I had a
zone that would not come back up.  It failed to boot due to an inability
to mount /svc with an error of "failed with exit code 32".

I did many Yahoo and Google searches and also looked at the most recent
"Solaris Containers - Resource Management and Solaris Zones" guide that
was just released this summer.  I did see that several people has
encountered this issue, but did not find any resolutions.

Posted below are some specifics about the zone in question.  tech3 is
the global zone and tech10 is the zone with booting problems.  The
"zoneadm" that shows the error had to be recreated from memory as I
needed to get a work-around in place and did not get a capture of the
error, but the error code is accurate.

Where can I research this error code in more detail?

TIA,

Jerry K

tech3 / 170 # uname -a

SunOS tech3 5.10 Generic_118833-18 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T200

tech3 / 171 # zonecfg -z tech10 info
zonepath: /export/zones/tech10
autoboot: false
pool:
inherit-pkg-dir:
         dir: /lib
inherit-pkg-dir:
         dir: /platform
inherit-pkg-dir:
         dir: /sbin
inherit-pkg-dir:
         dir: /usr
fs:
         dir: /opt
         special: /dev/md/dsk/d71
         raw: /dev/md/rdsk/d71
         type: ufs
fs:
         dir: /usr/local
         special: /dev/md/dsk/d70
         raw: /dev/md/rdsk/d70
         type: ufs
fs:
         dir: /prod
         special: /dev/md/dsk/d72
         raw: /dev/md/rdsk/d72
         type: ufs
fs:
         dir: /svc
         special: /dev/md/dsk/d73
         raw: /dev/md/rdsk/d73
         type: ufs
net:
         address: 10.9.3.79
         physical: ipge1
attr:
         name: comment
         type: string
         value: "tech10 zone"
tech3 / 172 #

tech3 / 173 # cat /etc/release
                        Solaris 10 6/06 s10s_u2wos_09a SPARC
            Copyright 2006 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
                         Use is subject to license terms.
                              Assembled 09 June 2006

tech3 / 174 # zoneadm -z tech10 boot
zoneadm: zone 'tech10': "/usr/lib/fs/dev/mount -o
attrdir=/export/tech10/svc /svc /dev/md/dsk/d73" failed
with exit code 32
zoneadm: zone 'tech10': call to zoneadmd failed

tech3 / 175 #