Jerry Kemp wrote:
> I have a Sun T2000 running Solaris 10u2, all UFS file systems that has
> been in place for several months.  This morning during a reboot, I had a
> zone that would not come back up.  It failed to boot due to an inability
> to mount /svc with an error of "failed with exit code 32".
>
> I did many Yahoo and Google searches and also looked at the most recent
> "Solaris Containers - Resource Management and Solaris Zones" guide that
> was just released this summer.  I did see that several people has
> encountered this issue, but did not find any resolutions.
>
> Posted below are some specifics about the zone in question.  tech3 is
> the global zone and tech10 is the zone with booting problems.  The
> "zoneadm" that shows the error had to be recreated from memory as I
> needed to get a work-around in place and did not get a capture of the
> error, but the error code is accurate.
>
> Where can I research this error code in more detail?
>
> TIA,
>
> Jerry K

> tech3 / 170 # uname -a
>
> SunOS tech3 5.10 Generic_118833-18 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T200
>
> tech3 / 171 # zonecfg -z tech10 info
> zonepath: /export/zones/tech10
> autoboot: false
> pool:
> inherit-pkg-dir:
>          dir: /lib
> inherit-pkg-dir:
>          dir: /platform
> inherit-pkg-dir:
>          dir: /sbin
> inherit-pkg-dir:
>          dir: /usr
> fs:
>          dir: /opt
>          special: /dev/md/dsk/d71
>          raw: /dev/md/rdsk/d71
>          type: ufs
> fs:
>          dir: /usr/local
>          special: /dev/md/dsk/d70
>          raw: /dev/md/rdsk/d70
>          type: ufs
> fs:
>          dir: /prod
>          special: /dev/md/dsk/d72
>          raw: /dev/md/rdsk/d72
>          type: ufs
> fs:
>          dir: /svc
>          special: /dev/md/dsk/d73
>          raw: /dev/md/rdsk/d73
>          type: ufs
> net:
>          address: 10.9.3.79
>          physical: ipge1
> attr:
>          name: comment
>          type: string
>          value: "tech10 zone"
> tech3 / 172 #
>
> tech3 / 173 # cat /etc/release
>                         Solaris 10 6/06 s10s_u2wos_09a SPARC
>             Copyright 2006 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
>                          Use is subject to license terms.
>                               Assembled 09 June 2006
>
> tech3 / 174 # zoneadm -z tech10 boot
> zoneadm: zone 'tech10': "/usr/lib/fs/dev/mount -o
> attrdir=/export/tech10/svc /svc /dev/md/dsk/d73" failed
> [...]
Hi
could be a range of things as Jerry mentioned,
is the d73 shared out in the global zone by any chance since last zone
boot, is it some how busy in the global zone?

perhaps run the failing mount command in a truss, ie truss -o
/tmp/mount.txt -fae mount ... from the command line in the global

Might give some more indication of why the mount is failing.

Enda