Answering myself:

Looking at the FAQ

(http://opensolaris.org/os/project/crossbow/faq/;jsessionid=9D268D17DCBBBF3DD48F9D0F639FAEF0#ipinst_which_nic_not)

I read

"Only NICs supported by the Generic LAN Driver version 3 (GLDv3) are supported
with IP Instances."

and

    *    Which NICs are known to work with IP Instances?
          o afe (nv build 73)
          o bge
          o dfme (nv build 73)
          o e1000g
          o eri (nv build 73)
          o hme (nv build 73)
          o iprb (nv build 73)
          o ixgb
          o mxfe (nv build 73)
          o nge
          o nxge
          o qfe (nv build 73)
          o rge
          o rtls (nv build 73)
          o xge
          o ath (nv only)

Looking at the machine I see

bash-3.00# dladm show-link
hme0            type: legacy    mtu: 1500       device: hme0
qfe0            type: legacy    mtu: 1500       device: qfe0
qfe1            type: legacy    mtu: 1500       device: qfe1
qfe2            type: legacy    mtu: 1500       device: qfe2
qfe3            type: legacy    mtu: 1500       device: qfe3

So it's obvious that the hme0 adapter is only supported in svn_73 for IP
instances and the qfe adapter is not yet supported (but I read somewhere else
that I can also use the hme driver for the qfe adapter).

regards

Bernd