Let's try this again. Maybe someone won't hijack this thread this time.

I just ran across an odd issue. I have a default network printer I setup for
all of my zones. I added that printer to the zone I use as a source for cloning
new zones with no problem and it prints fine. I can create new zones from the
source zone that has the printer defined in it with no problem.

Now here's the oddity: As long as the original source zone is booted, I can
print to the printer that was in the original source zone. If the source zone
is shutdown, I cannot print to that printer and the print request hangs in the
queue. As a matter of fact, if I issue lpstat -o with the source zone up, it
returns immediately but if the source zone is down, the lpstat -o command waits
at least 30 seconds to respond. If I delete the printer from the new zone and
re-add it, it works normally without any dependency on the source zone.

Does anyone have any ideas about why this is happening? If this is expected
behavior, shouldn't it be documented somewhere with a warning?

Phil