Andrew Black wrote:
> When I first create a zone, it normally asks you some questions such as the
> time zone and whether you want NIS etc.
>
>  - is there any way of autmating this so you always get the same answer
>  - today I created a zone and it didnt ask me these questions. I wasnt
> aware of doing anything different.
>
> Andrew

Hi
Did you clone the zone by any chance as this does not go through sysidcfg?
Else how did you create the zone?

To automate it I usually insert a sysidcfg file in ${zonepath}/root/etc
such as
# cat sysidcfg
system_locale=C
terminal=xterm
network_interface=PRIMARY {
                 hostname=myzone
                 ip_address=<your ip-address>
                 default_route=<your defualt route>
                 protocol_ipv6=no
                 netmask=255.255.255.0
             }
name_service=NIS {
                 domain_name=lab1.ireland.sun.com
             }
security_policy=NONE
root_password=<your passwd>
timezone=GB-Eire
nfs4_domain=sun.com
timeserver=server1
#

default route from netstat -rn and so on.

Enda