Hello Kamlakar,

The zone hostname is set to the first host name specified
with the -I flag.  If no network interface is provided
with the -I flag, the zone name is used for the host

Here again is the usage of the -I flag:
 -I "<IP Address>|<Interface>|<Netmask>|<Host name>",

Here is the excerpt from the script that shows you this

      netif="NONE { hostname=${zonename} }"
      if [ -n "${zoneip[0]}" ]
         netif="PRIMARY { hostname=${zoneipname[0]} \
           ip_address=${zoneip[0]} protocol_ipv6=no }"

Hope you have a blessed day!

On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 11:39 +0530, Kamlakar Patil wrote:
> Hi Brad,
> I am using zonemgr script for creating zones.
> I have one query, how does this script set the hostname of the zone? I
> am observing strange behaviour while creating zone now. The hostname of
> the zone is same as zone name. Actually I want it different.
> It was working proper few days back. May be some errand from my side.
> Just curious to know how the hostname is set, to debug the problem at my
> end.
> Thanks for your time.
> Regards,
> -Kamlakar