Brad Diggs wrote:
> Hello Vic,
>
> You have a few options.  You can use secure by default to
> disable most services and then as a post-zone creation
> process, run a custom script that enables the services
> that you want enabled through svcadm.
>
> Or, you could through jass define a custom set of services
> that you want disabled and enabled.
>
> Or you could create a custom smf template that sets the
> service end states that you desire.
>
> All three of these options plus one more are available as
> through the -s option in the Zone Manager script.  Feel free
> to download this bash shell script and re-use the methods
> employed in your own script.  The purpose of the Zone Manager
> project is to greatly simplify zone creation and management.
> And I highly encourage you to re-use whatever you like from
> it.

This is one of the really neat features of SMF.

svccfg extract > <your SMF profile> #on the origin system/zone
with customized SMF profile

cp <your SMF profile> /var/svc/profile/generic.xml #on the target
system/zone prior to first boot

and you have a customized service definition, a la SBD, applied
at first boot, so your are never more vulnerable than you want to
be. Works for any zone.

Steffen