Actually it is kind of there already.  Put a command in /usr/bin in the global zone that displays the Global zone name. This shared file system it is available to the local zones. When you build a full zone, this command goes with it. The only issue is if you change the Global zone name on a system, the full zone will need to be updated. Very rare.

My concern is this functionality is actually a security violation.

Konstantin Gremliza wrote:
Hi there,

I have a question regarding zonemgr.

We would like to use lofs to mount (ro) a file /etc/GLOBAL into the zones. It should contain the name of the global zone so anyone can easily find out, what system he is really on.

Zonemgr 1.8 only supports directories for readonly lofs mounts: option -r

Can it be changed to support files ?

Thanks and regards,

_______________________________________________ zones-discuss mailing list

Michael Barto
Software Architect

LogiQwest Circle
LogiQwest Inc.
16458 Bolsa Chica Street, # 15
Huntington Beach, CA  92649

Tel:  714 377 3705
Fax: 714 840 3937
Cell: 714 883 1949

'tis a gift to be simple
This e-mail may contain LogiQwest proprietary information and should be treated as confidential.