Hey Bill,

The pool.importance property constraint is a 64-bit integer that
designates the relative importance of a pool as defined by the
administrator.  Think of it as a nice setting for the resource
scheduler where values increasingly greater than the default of
1 increase the relative importance of the pool.  Values
decreasingly lower than the default of 1 decreases the relative
importance.

Reference:
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-1592/6mhahuolv?a=view

By the way, this is one of the resource control features that I
am adding into the next release of the Zone Manager.

Have a great day!

Brad