On Dec 11, 2007 3:10 AM, elkhaoul elkhaoul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to install dhcp on local zone...
> OS :
> # uname -a
> SunOS esp43  5.10 Generic_127111-02 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V490
>
> # zoneadm list -cv
>  ID NAME             STATUS     PATH                           BRAND    IP
>    0 global           running    /
> native   shared
>    2 esp43  running    /export/zones/esp43                  native   shared
>
> Is dhcp can run on this local zone ?

Contrary to what everyone else says, with a bit of customization dhcpd
can run zones just fine.  Solaris 10 update 3 and later (I forget
which Nevada build) have all the required bits in place.

http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/install-discuss/2007-March/004266.html

--
Mike Gerdts
http://mgerdts.blogspot.com/