OpenVZ supports migration of running environments from one system to
another. (You take a "snapshot" which includes a list of running pids).
Clearly you run the risk of pid conflicts if you don't use virtual pid
mapping.

My thought is that VMotion (TM) like functionality is definitely on the
short list of desired functionality for Sparc based Zones, and it seems that
pid virtualization is a prerequisite for this functionality.

Cheers,
Brian