If you use the Zone Manager, you can automate the zone creation,
zone configuration, networking and sshd configuration to enable
root (not recommending that) access over ssh in one CLI.

For example:

# zonemgr -a add -n MyHost -z /zones -P pw \
   -C /etc/resolv.conf -C /etc/ssh/sshd_config \
   -C "/etc/nsswitch.dns|/etc/nsswitch.conf" \
   -s ssh -I "|bfe0|24|myhost"

In this example, the Zone Manager does the following
 * creates a zone called MyHost,
 * puts the zone in /zones/MyHost,
 * installs and configures the zone,
 * sets the root user password to pw,
 * adds an IP address,
 * configures name resolution within the zone,
 * copies a root login enabled sshd_config file
    into the zone.
 * restarts the ssh service to make sure the
   new sshd configuration gets applied.

The Zone Manager (zonemgr) is free and available to
download at the following URL:

Hope that helps!

On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 20:00 +0100, Mads Toftum wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 03:58:26PM -0200, Thiago Sobral wrote:
> > I installed a zone called zone1 and by the global zone I can access it
> > by zlogin command, but external access through ssh doesn't work and I
> > can't change the users passwords (I receive the `Permission Denied`
> > message).
> >
> You didn't go through configuring the zone. After the first boot, you
> need to: zlogin -C <zonename> and go through the questions there. After
> that, the zone reboots and you're ready to change passwords and start
> network services like ssh.
> vh
> Mads Toftum
The Zone Manager