> Hi Brad,
>
> unfortunatly there is no
>
> who -r
>
> for smf.

who -r still works in a zone.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]> zonename
zone1
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> who -r
    .       run-level 3  Jan 24 14:53     3      0  S

> i don't know if there is a rfe for this. the default milestone
> is "all" , but you cannot query the state for this milestone

The command is

# svcprop -p options_ovr/milestone system/svc/restarter:default

Please see SMF FAQ 1.5, 2.13.

> so you
> don't know when the graph is ready. the best thing i would consider is
> running
>
> svcs -x.

This is not the intended use for -x switch.  My zone has been up for 6
minutes, AND I have output for svcs -x.  It does not mean that my zone
is not ready.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uptime
   2:59pm  up 6 min(s),  0 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.05, 0.03
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> svcs -x
svc:/application/print/server:default (LP print server)
  State: disabled since Thu Jan 24 14:53:05 2008
Reason: Disabled by an administrator.
    See: http://sun.com/msg/SMF-8000-05
    See: lpsched(1M)
Impact: 2 dependent services are not running.  (Use -v for list.)

> if nothing shows up everything is ok. you could use zonemgr to run the
> command in all the zones simultaneously, but somebody at sun should fix
> this and many other things in smf too.

If I want to know a zone is done booting, I would check the state of the
zone with zoneadm.  If it's "running", I have reasonable confidence that
the zone is done booting.  If it's "running" and some service has not
finished and this hinders what I want to do, I would write the alias
with detailed comments, and after that, possibly file a bug.

CT