Hi Caroline
I've added back zones-disucss to my reply ( hope that's ok )

Licence issues aside as I'm not sure how my reply ties in with same

if you install the app such that's it inherited by the zone(s)
ie using add fs in zonecfg perhaps or just having it in an inherited
directory
then depending on the app and configuration details, you could zlogin to
the zone and execute it in the zone. But I'm not familiar enough with
licencing or this apps licencing in particular to say much.

There is no way of actually launching it in the global zone with local
zone context. You can see the zones PID's from the global, but as I'm
not familiar with your app, it's hard to say what best approach is.

Enda