From: Ellis, Mike [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 12:37 PM
To: Anne Moore
Subject: RE: [zones-discuss] trying to move a non-global zone to a new
server -not possible?

What does:  cat /etc/release say?

 -- MikeE

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Anne Moore
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 12:34 PM
To: zones-discuss@opensolaris.org
Subject: [zones-discuss] trying to move a non-global zone to a new server
-not possible?

Hi All

I'm running Solaris 10 11/06 on a Sparc system.

I'm trying to move a container on this box to another box of the same type.

However, I'm going through the instructions from Sun:
http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/howtoguides/moving_containers.jsp

And at one of the steps, it says to run "#zoneadm -z zonename detach"

However, when I try to run that command, it says that "detach" is not an
options! UGH. The options I have for zonadm are:

help
boot [-s]
halt
ready
reboot
list [-cipv]
verify
install
uninstall [-F]

And this is an 11/06 image!

Is there anyway I can move my container from this box to another box without
using the "detach" option?

Thank you for your help!

Anne