On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 8:22 PM, Gael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Mike,
>
> The OS will still display the whole amount of RAM with these RM
> entries ... You cannot use it, but the installation scripts and
> other tools using the usual OS command will still see the real RAM
> and configure their stuff as is ...
>
> Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.10      Generic January 2005
> # prtconf
> System Configuration:  Sun Microsystems  sun4u
> Memory size: 1536 Megabytes
> System Peripherals (Software Nodes):
> prtconf: devinfo facility not available
> #

When I did testing on Nevada (not S10) vmstat gave results that were
in line with the resource controls.  I did notice that df would report
an improperly large size for /tmp, which is another problem.  Your
results suggest that prtconf or the underlying system calls also need
to be updated to reflect memory resource controls.

I would guess that any of the parameters that Oracle is going to set
based upon RAM size can be hand-tuned after the installation.

--
Mike Gerdts
http://mgerdts.blogspot.com/