From: James Carlson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 3:57 PM
To: Anne Moore
Cc: zones-discuss@opensolaris.org
Subject: Re: [zones-discuss] Lost network connectivity and NIC recognition

Anne Moore writes:
> I'm running OpenSolaris 10.

There's no such thing as "OpenSolaris 10."  OpenSolaris is a different minor
release from Solaris 10 (it's effectively what will one day be "Solaris
11").  If you need support for Solaris 10, please contact Sun's support

> The WORST part is that it's now lost all of it's network recognition.
> It says that there are NO NIC's installed! I ran #touch /reconfigure
> and still, nothing. I booted of OBP with "boot -r" and still nothing.
> I'm running a SUN T1000.

I'm not sure what's going on with this system (it sounds like you need some
local support), but you can do this on just about any Solaris system to
discover what NICs are installed:

        ifconfig -a plumb
        ifconfig -a

If you're really using OpenSolaris, then "dladm show-link" will show the
NICs without having to plumb them all.