I'm seeing some odd behavior when I'm trying to upgrade my Solaris 10u4
(sparc) system.

I have SVM configured with a mirrored root (d0) and /zoneroot (d3)
d0 -m d10 d20
d10 1 1 c1t0d0s0
d20 1 1 c1t1d0s0
d3 -m d13 d23
d13 1 1 c1t0d0s3
d23 1 1 c1t1d0s3

There's a sparse zone with zoneroot at /zoneroot.

My lucreate command is:
lucreate -n s10u4-patched \
        -m /:/dev/md/dsk/d100:ufs,mirror \
        -m /:/dev/md/dsk/d20:detach,attach,preserve \
        -m /zoneroot:/dev/md/dsk/d103:ufs,mirror \
        -m /zoneroot:/dev/md/dsk/d23:detach,attach,preserve

So if I'm reading things right, this should split off the 2nd submirror
from the 2 filesystems, and preserve their contents when creating the
new BE.  The BE creation should be (relatively) quick -- just the
compare database generation.  And when I don't have a zone defined
(zoneadm detatch and zonecfg delete), it does go very quickly.

But when the zone is present, lucreate does copy the zoneroot via cpio,
even though that filesystem should have been preserved.

Why?  Can't zulu recognize that the filesystem (zoneroot) is already in
place?  Any thoughts?