Mike Gerdts wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 7:38 AM, Crambit Team <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hi Enda,
>> the Solaris  release is 8/07.
>> What I really need is move the zone (doing like an ufsdump) and let it
>> becaming a global zone and not a zone in a another system.
>>
>> This is because we didn't have a new Sun blade so we created a zone in
>> another machine then the oracle/application people could work in the
>> meantime we order another system.
>>

> Maybe this will help:
>
> http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/zones-discuss/2008-February/003622.html

hmm, for Oracle probably best to just install it ( easier than copying over the
oracle
install and all it's bits ie password file , and those in /var/opt ) and then
either use
standard oracle procedure to migrate the database over.
transportable tablespaces are of grate help here really.
you'd need to build the DB instance on the target node first etc.

Enda