Hello Sanjay,

On Apr 16, 2008, at 11:57 PM, Sanjay Akula wrote:

> Can any one tell me how LDoms works? Does this is an independent OS
> on each zones or it is dependent on Global zone?
> I'm new to LDoms.

LDOMS is not related to the zones other that that it is another way of
virtualization in a Solaris environment. Every LDOM has its own
Solaris instance with separate kernels which in turn can contain
zones. LDOMs are independent OS-instances as long as you are not using
I/O-domains, in that case all LDOMS depends on a single instance of
Solaris, but they can be patched individually.

Here is a somewhat outdate blueprint: