Andrew Black wrote:
> Is there an easy way to create a user account in a non global zone that
> replicates an existing account in the global zone.
> Using Solaris 10

Yes, I have done this. I duplicate the passwd/shadow entries in /etc/
into <zonepath>/root/etc/ and lofs mount the home directory into the
non-global zone.

Since your desktop only runs in the global zone, there are no conflicts
there, but other activities will be dealing with the same files, so you
do need to be careful about shared writes to the same file, even things
like .sh_history (or your shell's equivalent).

Instead of lofs of the home directory, you could also just do
sub-directories that need to be shared, such as doc, src, foobar.