Are you talking about zone migration? (attach/detach).  That should work well.
Both hosts need to be running the same version of solaris (patchlevel).  We
are planning a "update-on-attach" feature, which will allow a zone to be
detached, and then attached to a host running a higher patch level.

-Steve L.