This appears to be the affect of selecting an interface that is a member
of an ipmp group in the global zone.

It is documented here:

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-2450/z.admin.task-60?l=ko&a=view&q=multipathing

The behavior you are seeing is not specifically documented, but it seems
reasonable.  What behavior are you expecting?

-Steve L.