On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 09:59:22AM -0600, Jerry Jelinek wrote:
> I have posted a webrev at:
> for bug:
> 6553514 native zone svr4 pkg code should be moved into zone callbacks
> This is a refactoring of the code so that it is
> easier to support different brands going forward.
> In particular this will help with the IPS support
> for the Indiana release, although it will also
> benefit any distro that wants to use brands to provide
> zone support.
some initial comments starting with all the easy stuff.
- nit: for consistency please remove "handle" from
- nit: instead of:
- why do you need -I$(SRCDIR)?
(there are no .h files in usr/src/lib/brand/native/zone/.)
- isn't _REENTRANT defined by higher level makefiles?
- should /usr/lib/brand/native/postclone be folded into sw_support
- nit: perhaps you could delete all the empty tags?
- given that we have postattach and predetach, perhaps we should have
preattach instead of attach and postdetach instead of detach?
- could the comments be explain some of the differences in system and
zone state between when
- the attach and postattach callbacks are invoked?
- the predetach and detach callbacks are invoked?
- the attach comment only talks about the -F argument, but the man page
also documents -u and -n. are those arguments ever passed to the
callback? if so, instead of documenting individual arguments in
the comments perhaps they comment should just reference the
zoneadm man page?
- given that native is not becomming a brand, does this clone comment
make sense anymore?
If no hook is provided, the internal zoneadm cloning code will be used.
- i'm confused. you seem to be introducing hooks that no brands is
are theses going to be needed for IPS?
- please update the comments to describe how the return codes are
handled (or ignored) for all the new callbacks.
zones-discuss mailing list