From: Steve Lawrence <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Lewis Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 4:21:42 PM
Subject: Re: [zones-discuss] physical= not obeyed when ip-type=shared and
physical dev part of IPMP group in global zone

Seems like a feature.  vnet1 is in standby, so the active link in the ipmp
group (vnet0) is used for the zones.

Is the desire to have both interfaces used by zones for additional
bandwidth?   Do the zones need ipmp as well, or is it ok if a link
failure takes out some of the zones?  I'm guessing zones should be on ipmp.

Perhaps someone on the ldoms team can suggest a configuration.  My guess
would be to configure two more vnets (2 and 3) on the same underlying
network interfaces, and create another ipmp group.

Something like this:

    vnet0    -> e1000g0
    vnet1    -> e1000g1

    vnet2    -> e1000g0
    vnet3    -> e1000g1

    ipmp group 1     vnet0 -> active
            vnet1 -> standby

    ipmp group 2     vnet2 -> standby
            vnet3 -> active

Put some zones in group 1 and other zones in group 2.

I don't know if this is possible.  I don't know how ldoms map vnets to
physical interfaces.

-Steve L.