On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 07:02:32AM -0600, Jerry Jelinek wrote:
>> - why is there no locking around the pre-detach hook?
> That hasn't changed with this code but if I recall correctly, the idea
> was that predetach is not making any changes to the zone so we don't
> lock until actual changes to the state are being made.

hm.  that differs from the description in the dtd.  the dtd says the
callback should be carefull making changes since it could be invoked
multiple times.  it doesn't say anything about being read-only or
concurrent invocations.  i'd probably just be best to include locking
around the pre-detach call.