Jim Nissen wrote:
> James,
> No, asking simply because the Solaris tunables guide list both those TCP
> settings that are changed via ndd and other that are /etc/system.
> Customer's asking me if exclusive IP will allow for a NGZ to have its
> own /etc/system TCP tunables, or if they are global.
> I think Steffen addressed this.

I was going to include this reference in my previous response...

A lot of things that used to be in /etc/system are no longer there since

1. it does no syntax checking
2. it applies to the whole system
3. it requires a reboot to take effect

So I think the answer is still that you do general IP stack tuning on
the zone that "owns" the stack--the global zone for share IP Instances,
and the individual non-global zone(s) for exclusive IP Instances.

Things you still may tune in /etc/system affect drivers, and some things
such as ip_squeue_fanout. I suspect the list of non-driver, non-NFS
tunables via /etc/system is small.