My reading of the documentation is that if I try to cap the memory of a
zone, that cap applies to the total RSS, calculated by summing the RSS of
each process in the zone. According to the documentation, there is not any
accounting for processes sharing memory. For example, if I have 10 processes
with private RSS of 2MB each and shared RSS of 100MB, then the zone would be
considered to be using 10*(2+100)=1,020MB of memory, and not 100+2*10=120MB
of memory. Restricting the zone to 500MB would make it practically unusable
even though only 120MB of memory is being used. Is that correct? Is there
any way to cause rcapd to take shared memory into account when deciding
which zones to start swapping to disk?

Regards,
Brian