On 9 jul 2008, at 09:32, James Carlson wrote:

> Martin Englund writes:
>> But at the same time, zoneadm boot thinks it is up:
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] # zoneadm -z jcp-mail-zn-mn-colo1 boot
>> zoneadm: zone 'jcp-mail-zn-mn-colo1': zone is already booted
>> If I try to halt the zone, it just hangs:
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] # zoneadm -z jcp-mail-zn-mn-colo1 halt
>> ^C (after 10 minutes)
>> Any clues to what is going on?
> Is there any chance that it's stuck trying to shut down?  I'd first
> look for threads that appear to be stuck in mdb's "::threadlist -v"
> output.

it turned out to be two zoneadmd processes for that zone, and after
removing them I could get things back to normal with "zoneadm -z zone

Thanks for the pointer!

Martin Englund, Security Engineer, .Sun Engineering, Sun Microsystems
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Time Zone: GMT-3 PGP: 1024D/AA514677
"The question is not if you are paranoid, it is if you are paranoid