Sanjay Akula wrote:
> Hi users,
> I have a question regarding /proc under localzones when i zlogin to
> local zone if i do df -h /proc shows 0% but when i do du -sh * on /,
> /proc coming as 8.3GB what are those directories is any way I can
> compress those directories are they are important for local zones...
/proc is a filesystem abstraction for your processes.  This makes all
sorts of things
work without you requiring the privilege to read kernel memory (think
things like
prstat/top and some debuggers).

So the size you are seeing is a representation of the process (address
space and attributes).   It is
taking up no disk space so compression would not be a valid action to take.

See the man page on proc(4) for more information.