> Hi experts,
> I would like consult you some questions regarding applying
> patches on global/non-global zone.
> If non-global zone isn't inherited from global zone(for example,
> when created zone by zonecfg via removing inherit-pkg-dir), there
> is no relation between global zone and non-global zone when apply
> the patches, right ?
> That is to say if flag SUNW_PKG_ALLZONES is set to true
> ("SUNW_PKG_ALLZONES=true"), even though the patches are applied on
> global zone, these patches won't be installed on non-global zone,
> right ?
> Thank you very much.
> Best Regards
> chunhuan
No, SUNW_PKG_ALLZONES means that the patch can only be applied from the global
zone, and
will apply to all non global zones, regardless.
So it doesn't matter whether the zone is sparse or whole ( whole is where there
are no
inherited dirs, as in your case ).

The core os libs, ie libc have to be in sync, regardless of inherited
directories. There
is only one kernel actually running, so the various bits need to be kept in

see man -s4 pkginfo, for a description of the variable.